Proper aftercare is crucial for attaining the best results. We cannot guarantee great outcomes for your skin if you do not do your part in taking care of it after treatments. Proper aftercare helps protect your skin from infection and unwanted side effects. One of our laser technicians will discuss aftercare instructions during your free consultation and after each treatment.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry while it is healing. Wash the area very gently with soap and water and pat to dry. DO NOT rub.
- Apply antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin, Aquaphor, or vitamin E ointment, onto the treated area 3 times a day for the 3 days following a treatment. Bandages are only needed 2-3 days after laser treatment.
- Do not be alarmed by any blisters or scabs that might form. These side effects are extremely common and are signs that your body is healing and reacting well to the treatment. Refrain from picking or popping any scabs or blisters as doing so may result in infection or scarring.
- Showers may be taken as long as the treated area is not directly under the high-pressure water. Avoid baths, hot tubs, pools, and any activities that require soaking of the treated area.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning. Cover the treated area with bandages or clothing to prevent light penetration. Unprotected sun exposure may cause skin pigmentation to occur.
- If you experience any discomfort or inflammation, press a cold compress against the treated area 24 hours after your treatment session. DO NOT take Aspirin as it may increase chances of bruising and/or bleeding. Tylenol can be taken for added comfort.
Do not hesitate to call our clinic if you experience additional discomfort or have additional concerns about any side effects. One of our professional skin specialists will be able to answer any questions you may have.